Friday, December 09, 2005

23rd SEA Games: Gymnastics

The last time the Philippines hosted the South East Asian Games was way back in 1991. There has been a lot of criticism on the way the games were hosted, complaints on officiating, the old facilities, the lack of coordination. My main complaint was the all the sponsors' banners crowding out backgrounds. Then agian, it was the corporate sponsors' money that made the games a reality.

Photographers were given very good access to the games. There were restrictions on the use of flash, which is completely understandable, and the lighting of most of the indoor venues were too dim for my cheap zoom lenses, but the games still provided a visual feast. I was glad to have been there.

I'm currently in a daze as to what photos to post. In the meantime, here is one of my favorite shots taken from rhythmic gymnastics competion.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home